By combining advanced sensing and data science with autonomous flight, Verity's industrial drone systems improve productivity and generate actionable insights in our clients’ commercial facilities. As a data management cloud engineer, you will be tasked with architecting, developing, and maintaining the data infrastructure to process, transfer and store the data collected by Verity’s autonomous drone fleets. This infrastructure reaches from on-board the drones to the cloud, and requires careful balancing of latency, bandwidth, storage, and computation requirements. You will also contribute to the development and deployment of models for the generation of valuable business insights from that data. At Verity you will have the opportunity to work on a system in its early stages and will thus be in the position to take decisions that have a significant impact on the system architecture.
The global leader in autonomous indoor drone systems, Verity's integrated inventory tracking systems enable zero-error warehouses for some of today’s most notable big box retailers, third-party logistics providers, and manufacturers. Our live events solutions help create stunning effects for top names in the entertainment industry like Drake, Céline Dion, Metallica, and Cirque du Soleil. We continuously reach beyond existing limitations to rethink, reimagine, and rework the role of robotics in the world today.
Come help us break new boundaries for drone systems and technologies!
What you’ll do
- Architect, develop and maintain systems for the transfer, transformation and storage of data collected by Verity’s autonomous drones
• Develop data pipelines spanning from on-board drones to the cloud to generate business insights from the collected data
• Drive the selection of the technology stacks for data ingestion, transformation and storage
• Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling
• Find patterns and trends in data sets and develop algorithms to help make raw data more useful
• Use data to discover tasks that can be automated
• Monitor Verity’s data systems and take actions to ensure cost-effective scaling, reliability, and robustness
What you bring
- University degree in data science, computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related field
• At least two years of working experience on data-intensive applications
• Programming experience in Python
• Hands-on experience with data storage technologies, such as SQL databases, Redshift and S3
• Hands-on experience with ETL tools, such as AWS Glue or Logstash
• Experience with state-of-the-art architectures, e.g. microservices, data lakes and data marts, and managing interdependencies between cloud and on-premise applications
• Working experience with AWS is a strong plus
• Working experience with infrastructure as code tools is a strong plus
• Working experience with Internet of Things and/or edge computing is a strong plus
• Versed in the analysis of data and with a good understanding of statistics
• Very strong numerical and analytical skills
• Solution-oriented team player, capable of working autonomously
• Good written and spoken English language skills
Why you’ll love Verity
We are a great (and growing) team.
At Verity, you’ll be surrounded by team members who are passionate about applying cutting-edge technology to solve some of today’s most fascinating challenges. Our team represents more than 20 nationalities, a variety of advanced degrees, and experience at some of today’s most innovative companies.
We think big.
We know that our employees are the key to our success. We are big thinkers—creative problem solvers who share a total commitment to client success. And we believe in the importance of balancing practical experience with honed skill and higher education.
We have an engineering culture.
70% of our team—including our leadership team—are engineers. No matter what your role at Verity, you’ll enjoy our solution-oriented engineering culture that features flat hierarchies, an open-door policy, and a focus on mutual trust and joint responsibility.
We deliver cutting-edge technologies.
To solve some of today’s most complex challenges, we combine mechanical, electrical, and software engineering with sophisticated algorithms and machine learning. Our solutions encompass everything from embedded applications, to cloud microservices, to complete, innovative autonomous drone systems—that work.
We offer exceptional quality of life.
The picturesque mountains near our Zürich headquarters will take your breath away, but the view is just the beginning. Over the past 20 years, the city of Zurich has been ranked in 1st or 2nd place as the "worldwide quality of living city." We also offer flexible working hours, competitive benefits, and regular events and activities to constantly strengthen our Verity community.
We are growing—fast!
Named one of the 25 most-promising Swiss scale-ups in 2020, we are expanding our solutions, extending our markets, and growing our team. Headed by founder and CEO, Raffaello D’Andrea (of Kiva Systems/Amazon Robotics fame), our team has decades of experience building success from the ground up—and creating disruptive solutions that make a mark on the world.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and how we think at www.verity.ch.
Are you ready for a great adventure?